Mark DeVries, Founder & President of Ministry Architects
Mark DeVries is the founder of Youth Ministry Architects and oversees the youth ministry at First Presbyterian Church in Nashville, Tennessee. His books include Sustainable Youth Ministry and Family-Based Youth Ministry.
SHOW NOTES: EPISODE 2 (Mark DeVries)
In this episode, we sat down with author, innovator, and 30-year youth ministry veteran, Mark DeVries, The President of Ministry Architects. Mark discusses the future of youth ministry, the importance of building sustainable systems & processes in ministry, as well as why we should build “balcony time” into our routine in order to stay healthy and maintain longevity in ministry.
WHAT’S IN THIS EPISODE?
1:00 – Youth Ministry Shout Out (Heather Flies)
1:50 – Intro about Mark
6:00 – The seasons of Mark’s ministry years
13:30 – Mark talks about his book, Sustainable Youth Ministry
20:45 – Mark talks about how youth pastors create systems & structures in youth ministry
23:40 – Mark offers you $100 if his volunteer recruiting process doesn’t work for you
24:57 – A bit about “architecture and atmosphere” in building a youth ministry
28:02 – A bit about “balcony time” as a way of working on your ministry not in your ministry
37:05 – Where is youth ministry in America headed over the next 5-10 years?
41:55 – How do youth ministers stay encouraged in ministry?
46:15 – Lightning Round with Mark
49:55 – How to get in contact with Mark
HOW TO CONTACT MARK DEVRIES & MINSITRY ARCHITECTS:
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Ministry Architects – www.ministryarchitects.com
· Ministry Incubators – www.ministryincubators.com
· Fuller Youth Institute – www.fulleryouthinstitute.org
· Sticky Faith by Kara Powell
· Growing Young by Kara Powell
· The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective by Richard Rohr
· Sustainable Youth Ministry
· Family-Based Youth Ministry
· Before You Hire A Youth Pastor: A Step-By-Step Guide to Finding the Right Fit
· Youth Leader Training on the Go
· Building Your Volunteer Team